Monday, February 2, 2009

Baby Stuff Series - Introduction

Are you expecting a baby? Are you at a loss as to what you REALLY need for your bundle of joy? There is a TON of marketing out there to try to get you to buy many things not needed for your child, and some of the stuff you need (or actually will use) is not available at some of the typical “registry” places.

This week I plan to begin a series of Baby Posts to formulate a list of what we actually used ourselves with our first child. I know this isn’t necessarily something that is going to be interesting to everyone, but I have been working on this for a while and wanted to post it while our experience with a pre-toddler was still somewhat fresh.

I've split things up into several "categories" and each day I'll post a list of items that I found necessary/helpful for each, and probably some hints that worked for us. Categories will include things such as Diapering, Feeding, Clothing, Bathing, and so on.

DISCLAIMER: We did not become experts at babies because we had one! BUT, we got along very well with our daughter, and so I’m passing on our experiences, for your information. When I was pregnant, I was always trying to find out what other people actually used with their babies. I mean, do you really want to trust the registry list that Wal*mart or BabiesRUs gives out? They’re TRYING to sell you MORE stuff! Anyway, I don’t want to come across as if I think I “know-it-all” because I know I don’t, and I bet this list will change with every child we have. I just wanted to put this information out there in case anyone else is like me and likes to read about what others have used/tried with their children. Take this with a grain of salt, not everything is for everybody. Use what you think will work, forget what you think won’t.