Friday, December 5, 2008

Good Reading


In preparation for a parent's bible study I'm getting ready to facilitate at church, I ordered the books, and on a whim added to the "cart" one for myself. I received it two days ago, and finished up this morning, Passionate Housewives, Desperate for God: Fresh Vision for the Hopeful Homemaker, by Jennie Chancey and Stacy McDonald.


I highly recommend this book - for everyone to read, not just "housewives" but also working women, single women, married men, men interested in finding a wife someday, and all church workers, anyone wondering what in the world is wrong with the church (and the world) today. It may have a cheesy title and cover photo, but interesting points are brought out that have real validity to not only the woman who is a keeper at home, but to anyone who is living in the world today. If you know me, ask, and I will be happy to lend you my copy!


Also good reads in a related topic found online are:



This is a short story entitled: "When Queens Ride By." Long for a short story, but well worth the time spent!



Not a short story, but reading through this REALLY makes you think about the things that we've taken for granted as "right". Good for both men and women to read.



We sadly have "conformed ourselves to the pattern of this world" so that even coming from Christian homes we no longer are familiar with God's plan for our family lives - His good and perfect will!