Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Home

Over the next while, you can expect to be reading a little about our family's journey towards me being a stay at home mom and wife. Why we decided it was best for us, and what it means, and also I will post up the "ideal" that I'm working towards.

I have been meaning to do this for quite some time now, and was inspired to begin the actual posting after reading this blog.

It was a bit of a struggle for me to finally feel right about the decision we made, I think because of a lot of the societal pressures for everyone to go to college and find a job, and different views in parenting many people have. It was tough for me, and so part of why I want to write this out at all is to help other women who might be "on the fence" about whether to stay home with their babies or to go back to work. Maybe if I write about how we worked through all this, it will be a little easier for another family who is thinking of making the transition.

To me (although it took a lot of time and thought and prayer to come to this point) being a stay at home mom and wife is one of the most noble and important "careers" that any woman can choose for herself. It doesn't come with a lot of recognition or glory, but I do believe that a woman can have huge impact on her family by the choices she makes.

I'm looking forward to writing the next few posts, and I hope that by reading them, you can see why I am so happy to have been blessed with the job I've been given.